Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Have I got a long way to run....

Are these times contagious
I've never been this bored before
Is this the prize Ive waited for
Now with the hours passing
Theres nothing left here to insure
I long to find a messenger

Have I got a long way to run
Have I got a long way to run
Yeah, I run

Is there a cure among us
From this processed sanity
I weaken with each voice that sings
Now, in this world of purchase
Im going to buy back memories
To awaken some old qualities

Have I got a long way to run
Have I got a long way to run
Yeah, I run
Yeah, I run

Have I got a long way
Have I got a long way
Have I got a long way to run
Have I got a long way to run

Yeah, I run (have I got a long way to run)
Yeah, I run (have I got a long way to run)
Yeah, I run (have I got a long way to run)
Yeah, I run (have I got a long way to run)

-Collective Soul-

This song echoed in my head today for a strange reason. My mind's sorta rediscovering my days back in the 90s, I suppose. Collective Soul is reminiscent of high school days. I recalled how lost I was in the midst of learning to know myself and what's the world gotta do with me. Though not Christian band, now that I thought back of what the writer wrote, much of Collective Soul’s imagery could come from the pages of the Bible. Not only did the lyrics make me think but I think they actually make me feel. Perhaps, just perhaps.. this band did somewhat lead me to my journey in finding the gateway to meeting with the Creator.

.....I'm not bored anymore.

.....I found the prize I've been waiting for.

.....there IS a cure among us.

.....Yes, I still got a long way to run.



24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. - 1 Corinthians 9:24

14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:14


Dear Jesus,

Nothing beats the joy of finding what I've been looking for through You. Yes, I am lifting my feet to run heavenwards. Sometimes my feet gets heavy but I know you're lifting me. Please never let me lose sight of the direction you're pointing at for me. I'm on my way...


Love,
Mir.

No comments: