My journey called "life" took a rather big turn and I honestly still think it's a miracle that I allowed myself to step into where I am now. So what have I been up to, you wonder. I have been staying home most of my time and occasionally driving mum to the hospital. That's pretty much the major highlights of my life now. Sounds like there's nothing much to shout about in comparison to my previously much tighter schedule that I had back in Brisbane. Now, I have so much time in my hands that I don't know what to do with it. I knew I did request for a "break", but I never expected it to be *this* LONGGG (Be careful what you pray for?? HAHA~~!!). I'd be silly to complain, I know. But I can't help but feel like a "nomad" at times, still roaming around wishing I could feel more settled a little earlier. It's frustrating and sometimes I wish commanding myself to stop thinking about it would just put a full-stop to my thoughts but I still couldn't help it. As I am going through this time of transition, I realised that I have never quite grasp what waiting upon the Lord really meant (...and still figuring...=__=). Looks like impatience is slowly climbing onto me. What was I thinking?? My focus was based on what "I" want, rather than "what can I do to make good use of my time while I wait?"
I can never build patience by my own strength and I really need God to help me build this quality. In Galatians 5:22, the fruits of the spirit are listed and patience is one of them, therefore I have no doubt at all that patience is a quality that is vital in a Christ-believer's life. Christ is our strength and he can help us learn to wait. Each day we have is a gift from God and each moment we have is meant to be used wisely and for good. Yeah, so while I wait, gotta pick up those books that I received as gifts from friends and start digesting them into my spiritual soul (LOOK, MEL~~ I am reading the Sheila Walsh book now, it's really awesome!! Thanks!!! ~~ Oh, and I'll read yours soon, Didi!), listen to sermons on my iPOD during those long hours hospital waits, reading every nook and cranny of the newspapers to keep myself on the edge of what's happening locally.
I turned from this....

.....to this. (HeHeHe...well, at least I am trying to. =P)

Ahh well, I know it'll be worth the wait. God has proven it so many times and I know He'll do it again. As I choose to let God have the last word on the subject, I trust that I will hear Him encouraging me in James 1:3-4, "Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
Anyways, on a side note, I have attended my first cell group just now. I was one of the younger ones there and well, this is a breath of fresh air. Although I am going to be based in this CG for just a short period of time before I relocate to Kuala Lumpur, I am eagerly looking forward to getting to know these group of faith-filled people. I have joined them for several meal-outings and am adapting quite well with them. Oh yeah, I had an early "April babies" birthday celebration with them just now, too. =D
Also, I've got an assessment/interview coming up on the 15th and an interview on the 17th, if I get short-listed. I am really rooting on this firm so keep me in prayer. May God's will be done.
Lord, I love the way you write the story of my life. Every chapter brings many uncertainties but yet always ends beautifully in Your perfect way. Though I struggle to let go of certain things, I pray that you will help me to surrender them all to You. I thank you for giving me the eyes to see that every moment of my life spells out how You were a part of it. I will not let anyone write my story but You. Waiting for more chapters to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment