An email to Friends 2 cell...
Hi everyone,
It's Good Friday. I am personally very blessed and touched by the 7 stations of the cross journey on Thursday night.
It's really such a blessing to even commune together with all of you as a body of Christ, looking to God and remembering His love for all of us. I love the transparency we show ourselves even as a body of Christ -- that we acknowledge that we are people with imperfections and we need God in our lives to constantly change us and mold us.
Seriously, thank you so much for sharing, everyone... you guys are the rocks for Jesus man.. ;)
As I mentioned in cell last night, I took that step to fast a meal for a few days before leading to Good Friday.
Honestly, I did it not because I was doing it as a spiritual act or trying to be "holier" than others. I did it because I wanted my time of reflecting and remembering what Jesus went through for me to be an act that would let me feel something -- perhaps at least cost me something. Serious, my fasting act is just nothing comparable to what Jesus had done for me. What I am feeling is just a tinge (or not even close) of it.
Surely, fasting on solid food still wasn't an easy act --to add to that, my colleagues went out to Midvalley to celebrate my boss's birthday and I had to give it a pass because I opted to fast for lunch time between the 12pm-3pm in rememberance of Jesus' time on the cross from the 6th to 9th hour. When most people were away for lunch, I did something that I never thought I would do in the office, I plucked out my bible, opened my journal, put my on iPod and incidentally, my iPod was on shuffle mode and it played the song, "Lord of Lords" by Brooke Fraser. I left it on repeat mode. I didn't do much, but let the song just minister to me.
"Now unto the Lamb
Who sits on the throne
Be glory and honor and praise
All of creation resounds with the song
Worship and praise Him
The Lord of lords"
Truly what a beauty... just that sense of adoration just came by and it felt so.. so...*WOW*. I felt like as though I didn't want that moment to go. Such holiness, such glory. It's like I could almost feel the transformation that's going to take place -- that Good Friday HAS to take place for that transformation to happen. And it was that moment, from the 6th to 9th hour when he hung on the cross, mocked, slashed, nailed... the transformation was taking place.
The 7 stations journey was definitely a very humbling one for me. I took off my watch, as I didn't want time to be a factor for me throughout the journey. I started some time at 7.50pm. I actually took almost 3 hours to finish the full journey. (Wow.. so long right..?? =P)
No, I am not trying to prove anything, like "wow, Miranda is so close to God that she is hearing so much from Him.." No.. surely not true. Far from that. Reason why I was there for 3 whole hours was, like I said last night -- I don't want to miss a moment.
I wanted to just have my "Selah" moment, even if it takes a long time of waiting upon Him to speak. Some time was spent longer at some stations, some less. And yes, His words to me at the "Lord's Supper" station was just, "Marry Me". Simple as it may sound, but these words just cut deep into my heart. It is something so personal that I wept. The words didn't come straight away, it came at a later moment with quite some time of waiting.
Have you ever remembered that last "moment" that you had hearing or just experiencing something from God? Often enough, because we are not willing to wait, not having the patience to just "Selah", we naturally give up and ought to complain and say that we don't hear from God. He doesn't speak etc etc. God, who's in control of all things, has the choice to speak at the moment that He desires. Sometimes God is just waiting for that "moment" to speak to you. Don't be in a hurry all the time that you miss your "moment" with Him. Many times He wanted to speak but our thoughts are rushing off elsewhere. Because we chose NOT to wait. That's why often enough, it is not because he doesn't speak, just that we refuse to pause and reflect, and LISTEN.
Even as it leads on to Station 6, the station that our cell prepared for, perhaps most of us were so familiar with the flow and also the layout of the station, we may naturally just make our assumption that we've already lost that "moment" and the experience won't be new anymore. Maybe we just get too distracted, like.. "OOooOh.. HAHAHA.. Desmond sounded so funny in the recording of the mockery, Colin's stupendous "PTOOOoI" was just so hilarious and I cannot stop giggling.." Have you ever thought that perhaps when you were too distracted about the laugh and giggles, you could have just missed a "moment" with God? No, I am not trying to say that we don't have a sense of humour, just pointing out a possibility...
Many times in our lives, we just get distracted by the littlest things, and we just don't hear him when he's trying to say something.
Sometimes, all it takes for you is just to...
....switch off that radio in the car when you drive through the KL traffic jams and ...SELAH...
.... put away that laptop and just go out and take a walk near a park to ....SELAH...
....the list goes on...
So Friends, the journey of the cross did not end on Thursday night. The journey is continuing on throughout a lifetime.
Remember , during your journey, always remember too.... "SELAH".
Happy Easter everyone!
Psalm 32:5
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD "— and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah
PS: - I just want to also thank all of you for being such an awesome and devoted bunch in doing the preparation for the 6th station as well. LoL... surely I would honestly say.. quoting Colin, "best station lah!" Seriously.. it did really speak to me! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment