Tuesday, April 6, 2010

That smell....


Do you have a thing for smell? I do!!
You know, like when you smell a familiar smell...
Could be the smell...
of a room's carpet...
a person's laundry detergent on their clothes...
someone's shampoo or perfume..

The scent somehow reminds you of a person, a place, or even a specific time of your life?

Just a few minutes ago, I washed my hands with the soap at the guestroom's bathroom that I rarely use.
That soap smell somehow smelled familar and it brought back certain memories. It reminds me of a year ago, when the soap near the dining table sink was the same one.

It reminded me of the time when I was home alone for about a month or so.
when my family was still based in Penang
I was studying for my CPA at home.
The little rat used to visit the kitchen.. (it never came back anymore.. phew.)
When I was still struggling with work in audit.
The time when we just got Axel (my dog)

hurm.. anyway, yeah. random.
Surely, these were good memories. I smile when I think about it. Challenging when I was going through that period.. but really, recalling back, I wouldn't change a thing.

Ah... time flies. It's been almost exactly a year, i think.

Old smell.... replaced with a new one.
no turning back, no turning back...
Moving on ahead to a new season babeh~


The new soap scent for the season...
heh heh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep looking forward and no turning back :) a brand new day, a brand new journey, a refreshing start. We all need it to spur us on.

Once a while, it's good to reflect on the older times to see how far you've come, but remember...don't ponder too much on it.