New Year Resolutions.
I'm not even very sure whether I am a believer of such. Recently at cell meet, ML got all of us to write our New Year Resolution, or rather, 'spiritual resolution' on a piece of paper. Got the paper from ML and I wrote what I felt I needed to grow in... An envelope was also given to us to tuck in the paper. She decided to get us to keep it with us instead of collecting it back from us. I suppose we are expected to be convicted, or rather, disciplined enough to keep to our word.
Just had a thought that if i keep this piece of paper tucked in my bible but no one ever sees it. I honestly don't even trust myself in fulfilling it.
Hence here it is.. wide spread open...
1) Invest more into real , personal relationships - To put more time and effort in going for personal meet-ups and also keeping them in prayer consistently.
2) Spend more time resting in the presence of God aka. MORE time spent for quiet times. To devote my Wednesday nights for longer QTs.
3) To develop heart of prayer - join the intercessory team, aka Upper Room Ministry (??? - still a ..??... still praying about it... notice the irony? =P)
Yeah, my resolutions are all achievable and I've decided not to hide them. Afterall, the resolutions are meant to be advantageous anyway. All in all, hoping to see a personal revival in my more-than-ordinary life.
"A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. " - wikipedia.
1 comment:
hey babe,
guess what. I walked by your blog today and read abt your resolutions. I'm a firm believer that when you see/hear something one than has a responsibility to it. Soo..I'm HOLDING YOU ACCOUNTABLE TO YOUR WORD!! I'll be checking up on you randomly!! Scary? I hope not. ;) We got similar resolutions. haha i think that's kinda funny
xoxo
MK.
Post a Comment