I kept prolonging my respond to her for days... I even almost ignored her SMSes when she reminded me of these 2 things. Thankfully, Colin's been a great encouragement to me, time and time again. He reminded me that I was showing the 'signs of Moses', somewhat. It made me realise that I was trying to cook up 1001 excuses claiming that I am not eloquent to do any of these. Remember that I have an issue with stage fright? That's only one of it. I also fear what people would think of me. What if nothing comes out from my mouth when I am up at the pulpit? O Lord, please send someone else to do it!! (so familiar.. wahaha..)
11 The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? 12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." - Exodus 4:10-12
Reading the verses in Exodus really gave me a push to stay obedient. I finally tapped an SMS to Ps LC and agreed to do both. Amazing that it was not long ago that I mentioned about allowing God to chisel me out of my comfort zone.
Honestly, I struggled when I was preparing myself as the day drew closer. Finally, the day came and I was called to pray during the 8.30am service. I woke up early dawn and kept praying and one thing that I said to God again and again was that I want to be humble. Let everything be about Him and nothing about me. I knew how pride would naturally take over me. Let this not be a performance, this is not a performance!
Really, I thank God that I was given the privilege to pray for the nation at the pulpit. I personally felt ministered to and I knew that the prayers I made were for me too.
P&W on Merdeka eve was amazing too. I really thank GOD for the support given by my cell and zone members in uniting together to serve the Lord in singing Him the praises and worship that he deserves. I was personally very excited in my spirit throughout the day that I couldn't fall asleep! *LoL*
Anyway, this song came about at the very last minute when Ps Lee Choo had the prompting to get the congregation to sing it to end the prayer session. For a moment there I thought I couldn't remember how to sing it but surprisingly, I was able to remember a large portion of the song lyrically! I guess thanks to the times when I used to hear it on local TV on RTM channel when I was very little, especially when I was waiting for Mighty Mouse or Superdave to come on TV. Before last night, I could only remember it as a familiar tune and words that never really meant anything to me, possibly because I was too young (or too ignorant, rather.) to understand it. I never actually caught what the song was about until that night!
The song has been stuck in my head for a few days already...
Puji and syukur pada Ilahi (Praise and thanks be to God)
Anugerah-Nya tiada terhingga (His favour is unending)
Kedamaian, kemakmuran (Peace, Prosperity)
Malaysiaku bahagia (My Malaysia is blessed)
Dengan tekad untuk berjaya (With determination to succeed)
Berbakti pada nusa dan bangsa (To serve our homeland and nation)
Kami junjung cita-cita luhur (We uphold the noble aspirations)
Perpaduan seluruh negeri (Unity throughout the states)
Seia, sekata, sehati, sejiwa (One mind, one voice, one heart, one soul)
Menghadapi cabaran (In facing challenges)
Kami setia, kami sedia (We are loyal, we are ready)
Berkorban untuk negara (To sacrifice for our country)
Bersemarak Malaysia tercinta (Shine, beloved Malaysia)
Kibarkan panji kebesarannya (Lift up her banner of grandeur)
Kami rela menjaga nama mu (We are willing to honour your name)
Sejahtera Malaysia (Peace be unto Malaysia)
4 In that day you will say:
"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done,
and proclaim that his name is exalted.
5 Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things;
let this be known to all the world.
6 Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion,
for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."
Happy 52nd Independence Day, MALAYSIA... Tanah tumpahnya darah-ku...
I LOVE my COUNTRY, do you?
I LOVE my COUNTRY, do you?

No comments:
Post a Comment