Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Just another day in Kuala Lumpur...

Decided to get out of the house today. I had a shopping list in mind and I thought I better get that "chore" done before I officially start work this coming Monday. Yepz, I braved myself to drive on the KL road all by myself today. hehe... doesn't really sound like anything to be proud of but still, it's an achievement for me. =P

Honestly, I think I am getting kinda overly paranoid about the crime rates here (Am I????). Thanks to my parents and relatives who've been consistently sending me forwarded emails about crime incidents happening in KL, especially females who drive alone along the streets of KL (no sarcasm.). So yeah, first thing when hop into the car, I lock my doors immediately, place my handbag next to the driver's door (I was told to never put my bag at the passenger seat because there were incidents where motorcyclists would smash your window if you're waiting at the traffic lights, to snatch your bag... *GAaaaSSsPPPSS*) and drove off in the quickest manner.

First stop, I took a drive to Shah Alam Club to pick up my junior membership card which was due to be ready today. I am still eligible as a junior member before I hit 25, so my dad thought I should cease the opportunity to make use of the facilities while I am here. Coming back to this country club brought plenty of memories. My parents used to take the 3 of us here every Sunday for a swim in the evening when we were still little kids. It's sorta like our routine family outing. Reminiscence of the past...... then I noticed, where are all the Chinese?? Why is the club flooded with Melayus???? HAHA.. things change.
Since I was around Shah Alam, I remembered that some friends will be coming up here for Church Camp so I drove to look out for their hotel. Hmm.. am thinking of crashing in for their camp over the weekend. We'll know soon whether that'll happen. :P

Next stop, I head on to Midvalley Megamall. The carpark was almost full and considering that it's a weekday morning, I am utterly surprised. I went many rounds in the carpark and finally I saw 2 ladies walking towards the car just next to me. I moved my car forward and filtered left while I wait. When the car drove out, the car behind me slotted in! ARGHH... that really pissed me off and that reminded me, welcome back to KL, the place where you find inconsiderate drivers!*LoL* Anyway, didn't want to get overly annoyed about that so I decided to pray for calmness and peace and also for a parking spot. God is good...I'm special. Praise God~~~ I found a slot.. just next to the mall entrance. He sure does reserve the better things for us, eh?

Midvalley -- on a weekday. Packed, packed packed. I cannot imagine the weekends. =S

Next, Shopping time!!! I like shopping alone. What's in my shopping list, you wonder? I was looking for a huge bag with zippers on (to prevent snatch thefts.. it's all about KL babeh...hehe.) to carry to work everyday. Found 2 that I thought may suit that purpose but I got very fickle-minded and kept walking back and forth to compare both bags (I had plenty of time to kill anyway.). In the end, I settled for this one I found at Jusco.

Nothing outstanding in design but it's affordable enough to serve its purpose. It's huge enough to fit a laptop. This will be called my new 'rubbish bag'. *NyekNyek*

Anyway, also looked around for a pair of sandals to put on before and after work. I don't really fancy wearing heels and getting blisters at my heels tend to be a common thing. Needed something non-thongy because of stockings. I wanted something very comfortable and long-lasting. After much thought.... I settled for the old auntie all-time favourite BATA!!!!

I don't really care about the design but it's comfort and durability that matters now!! Can't go wrong with cheap and good BATA. =P

Spent a grand total of.... *jeng jeng jeng* 6 hours in the mall!!! Haha... yep, I love being a girl. Hold up, I have a reason for staying so long. I aimed to leave during peak hour at about 7-ish in the evening to test the traffic along Federal Highway because that'll be the same road I will be travelling on back from work. How was it...?? Creepy crawly slow. Hmm, what can I say? I'll get used to it.

Oww.. my legs are aching. I better hit the sack.

That's all for now... just another one of Miranda's lame-o daily life saga.... :)


No comments: