Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jesus' wings: Let him fill your "love tank"

I sensed in my spirit, together with some of us with similar "tuggings" that we should continue to seek God and really carry on with the attitude of worship within us. It's really amazing when you know that God is speaking to us when people around you catch similar sensing through different means -- dreams, songs, the Word. 

Last night in cell meeting, we had a deep time of reflection through sharing testimonies, extended time of praise and worship, communion and prayer. Over the past weeks, it has been physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually draining for me. Even as I attempted to prepare myself for cell meeting this week, I felt challenged and I couldn't concentrate....perhaps overwhelmed by an ordeal that I was struggling through. There were nights where I was so drained that I just lazed on the sofa, stare at the TV watching American Idol, I didn't feel like doing anything.
One night during that quiet moment with God, a passage came to mind. 

Didn't think much of it. Wrote it in my journal. Not sure what God was impressing in my heart. 

Recently, the ordeal that I was going through, it took its toll and "erupted". My ignorance suddenly woke up, realising that my actions crushed a person. 
When I finally came to terms with this, when I looked to the person in the eye, I saw hurt, brokenness.  I suddenly had a God-moment, the passages that God gave me came hitting me in the face. 

"44 Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. 45 You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. 46 You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. 47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.”
~Luke 7:44-47

I recalled a revelation that I had from a book that I read some time back about this passage.  

...her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.” 

When Jesus came to Simon, who was apparently the host, treated Jesus like an "unwanted" guest, in today's context, he didn't "open the door for him, shake his hand" - meaning...he had  no manners. 

However, the woman, so lowly who didn't even deserve to be named, unkindly only known as the "sinful" woman, did all that Simon didn't. She came thirsty and hungry. Thirsty for guilt, hungry for regret. 

Simon, didn't even know whether he is thirsty or hungry. He doesn't even asks for grace. He's too proud but instead take on the grace and dissects it intellectually, debate on it etc. 

The sinful woman, experienced an immeasurable extent of forgiveness, she knew what love really meant. And because of this, she couldn't stop tasting Jesus' love and love is filled into her "love tank". 

Simon, didn't ask or desired for grace nor forgiveness, he doesn't even know the existence of a love tank. His love tank was "empty". 

I sensed a question came to me, "How's your love tank? 
Then I felt in my heart an impression came and told me, "You are like Simon." 
I almost couldn't hold back my tears. I was crushed that I didn't realise how far I have gone from his love. My love tank has gone unattended and rusty. My actions reflected it all. 

"While she had ample love to give, he had no love to offer."

I couldn't give real love. I felt like Judas giving Jesus' a kiss. 
I could probably speak eloquently about God's love, go to church, pray, worship God...  but I couldn't embrace it and I had none to give. And the emptiness of lack of love showed in my actions. 

I remembered some time back, I was challenged to do this. 
Try paraphrase 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 by replacing the word "Love" with my name and recite it out loud. (Try it.... see how far can you go.)


"Miranda is patient, Miranda is kind. Miranda does not envy, Miranda does not boast, Miranda is not proud....."


Wooah.. wooah... hold up there....
I couldn't even recite half of it when I attempted to do it during the time of reflection in cell meet this week. I realised that I was none of these. I would be the biggest liar if I dare say these. Most of the time, we say it so conveniently. We take it so lightly. We take it for granted that by our own strength, we will never be able to become any of these. 

Only one person who ever walked the face of the earth could. JESUS. 
And if we read the same passage by replacing the word LOVE with JESUS......

"Jesus is patient, Jesus is kind. Jesus does not envy, Jesus does not boast, Jesus is not proud. Jesus is not rude, Jesus is not self-seeking, Jesus is not easily angered, Jesus keeps no record of wrongs. Jesus does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Jesus always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Jesus never fails."

We know he meets it all. 
Rather than reminding ourselves that we cannot produce such love, let's remind us of the love that we cannot resist! God's love. 

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." ~ 1 John 4:9-10

I don't know about you, I was disappointed by what had happened to me this week. But for me right now, I want to be the sinful woman. I want to be called the sinful woman without a name. 
I need to taste the forgiveness of God, so that I can learn how to love once again.... 

We need to receive HIS LOVE in order to GIVE LOVE. Because we cannot give what we do not have. Embrace how much He loves you so that you know how to love the unlovable, those who have hurt you, disappoint you, betrayed you, crushed you. 

Question. Once again, how's your love tank?
...Half-full?
...A quarter full? 
...Almost empty? 
...Leaking? 
...Damaged? 




Luke 7:47 ~ It reflects Jesus' wings of love in the form a 747 aircraft. Let his love lift you up the the next level. Let his love set you free through forgiveness. 


Come thirsty and hungry this season of Easter, taste his love once again... fill up your "love tank" with the love from the one and only who can satisfy....

"How He Loves"
by John Mark McMillan

He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane
I am a tree
Bending beneath
The weight of his wind and mercy
When all of a sudden
I am unaware of these
Afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize how beautiful you are
And how great your afflictions for me

Oh how he loves us so
Oh how he loves us
How he loves us so

Yea He loves us
Oh how

We are his portion
And he is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking
So heaven meats earth like a sloppy wet kiss
And my heart burns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way
He loves us

Oh how he loves us so
Oh how he loves us
How he loves us so

 

1 comment:

GV'D said...

A good reminder, thanks for writing Letting God fill up my tank :)