Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sucked dry and replenishing...

I had a very unusual experience just last night. Something in my heart felt burdensome. I couldn't really describe what is this that's trying to cry out of my head. I feel like I am tapped out. Pick your metaphor of mental and physical exhaustion and that’s me. Whenever I start to feel this way, it's funny but I feel that this feeling just builds up its intensity on its own. I know I haven't been sharing much lately, there's so much to say but few that words can speak of it all. Over the recent months, God has placed a certain burden in my heart to initiate something. I am not sure how, where, and when... I have thinking so much about it till seems like carrying this "load" has really consumed me and I feel like I've sucked myself dry. I was so unaware of what I got myself into until I started to talk it out with a friend and thank God for awesome brothers and sisters in Christ who are there to really pinch me out of my ignorant attitude of taking matters into my own hands.

God truly is in the business of working through his people to accomplish seemingly impossible tasks. Indeed it's about shaping of personality characteristics, experiences and downfalls etc that prepares one for His purpose. I am drawn and inspired by the character of Nehemiah when he had such a great burden and concern about the fate of Jerusalem. Yes, the need to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem but right from the beginning to the end, he sought the Lord through prayers for help. Prayer is indeed still that fundamental untwisted-by-man's ways in releasing His plans and purposes. I've been reminded that prayer and actions go hand and hand. Through prayer, God will guide our preparation, teamwork , and diligent efforts to carry out His will.

I have learned my lesson. Surrender is the word. I have released this matter back to God with a prayer. Don't overtake God, slow down, listen to your navigator before hitting the accelerator. Let Him lead and only then His plan will prevail. Speak when the time is right, for your servant will be listening. Amen.


No comments: