Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reordering disorders

I've been challenged a lot to keep up with time and am feeling like as though I'm so far behind from where I thought I should be. Work's been challenging. Still trying to find my way around checking other people's work. At least that's what my job scope requires of me. I've got a weakness. I tend to set expectations on myself but the other side of me thinks that I cannot do it. Often enough I visualise a devil with 2 horns on the left of my head, saying to me, "Yes, it's very hard and not easy. You're right. You're slow. You can't, can't cant." On the other side, I picture an angel with a halo on his head cheering me on saying, "Your confidence is in Christ. You can, can, can!"(*LoL* so yeah, I watched a lot of Looney Tunes when I was a kid.). Although I know which side I should follow, I can't seem to bring my flesh to follow that voice. This confusion in my head has been stressing me up a lot and I've been losing my focus. I feel disorganised, wobbly and shaken. I don't know where to begin with.

Disorder spells stress, and stress is one thing you can designate as the opposite of peace. I get stressed when I don't know how to do something. Or, I'm not sure I know how to do something, which somewhat describes how I feel half of the time at work. As I was spending my devotional time with God today, I was reminded of one of God's characteristics. The Bible says that, "For God is not a God of disorder but of peace." (1 Corinthians 14:33). Very true. I do realise that I have been rather disorganised at work and figured I had to improve in prioritising what needs to be done first. There's always an order to getting things done efficiently. Order is good.

Indeed, thank God for that simple reminder of Himself. What a pleasure to know that He surely is
constantly giving me more information about how to do my job of living at peace.

Ahh......... what a relieve. It'll get better. =)

2 more weeks to go till I finish my first assignment. I'm almost there!!! whooppie doohoo!


The office building in USJ for the past 2 months ++


My nomadic workstation

Poo Ling and I...--we share our laughters, burdens, datelines together.....

No comments: