Friday, March 14, 2008

Motivation...

I've been feeling quite sluggish since the day I arrived back home. I realised my body clock turned a little wonky when I started waking up at 7.30am in the morning (which I usually don't) almost everyday. By mid-afternoon, I'd feel extremely sleepy and I couldn't help but plunk myself onto my bed for an afternoon nap. Argh.. Not a very good sign!! So, I thought getting out of the house to do some exercise may help re-energize myself a bit. Ee Wey gave me a ring a few days back and offered to bring me to Fitness First using her Guest Pass. Thank God for her, God really knows what I need at the right time!I was really looking forward to getting back into my gym-ing lifestyle that I used to practice back when I was in Brisbane. So yeah, Fitness First, I am back!!


I love exercising. Not because I am very good at it but it is because of the powerful way it speaks about the word "motivation". I enjoy running on the treadmill and weight-lift with just me, myself, and my trusty little green iPod Nano blasting very upbeat Praise songs like "Running After You" or "The Freedom We Know", which usually helps a lot to keep my feet off the ground to push myself towards my limits. At times, when I am at the edge of giving up, I always visualise and place my focus on something--like I am reaching towards it (Hmm.. maybe think... Haagan Daz Cookies & Creams flavoured ice-cream coated with double-layered chocolate icing etc etc..*drool...* I want!! Just kidding!!!) And putting God as being that "something" never failed to keep me motivated. Often enough, I am reminded of the words that Apostle Paul spoke of:

Hebrews 12:1-3 : Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

So true, isn't it? It all has to do with what's in the head. If you feel defeated, you are defeated. Perhaps you may ask yourself what do you really want to achieve at the end of the day? What actually drew you to endure the struggle all the way to the end? It made me reflect upon how Jesus endured the pain on the cross for undeserving beings like us. He could have chosen to turn back and change His mind when it was just hurting too much but he did not. He finished what he had to accomplish. He thought it was all worth it. Ever wondered what motivated him? The answer is simple, because he loves us.

And.... after that one hour++ of exercise, Ee Wey and Dave brought me to dinner and I had Pan Mee...
Oh the downfall of living in Penang aka Food Paradise. Ha-ha...Let 's just say I still need to work on what we call, "discipline".

No comments: